Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Focusing on Our Jammies School Mission and Goals

<- - As part of loving others, Nina joyfully washed her hands so she can play with baby brother.

 Having a Mission and Goals works for us in so many aspects of our life – homeschooling included.  And, today, I am refocusing myself on just that!

Why?
In the midst of trying to save all of our not-yet-backed up-files during our recent computer virus and hard drive failure, we ended up with multiple copies of many them.  As I slowly make my way through these, deleting the doubles, I realize that much of what was “saved” could have just as well have gone down with out former computer.  Yes, it has become quite apparent to me that the “clutter bug” habit I am trying to break extends from physical clutter straight to electronic clutter.  Yikes!  I really need to be a more discerning steward of all manner of things in my life and our home!

To help me do this regarding our physical and electronic Jammies School files and resources, I have decided to focus myself on our Jammies School Mission and Goals, which can be found here.  I figure, using it as a compass point, I can better delineate the paths we might actually take in the course of the next few years of early learning with our children.  With these mapped out – knowing the subjects, topics, themes and activities that complement them – I can do a better job of organizing (and purging!) our files and resources.  Wish me luck!
And, let me know what works for you in the way of early education mission and goals, organizing electronic files, organizing physical files and resources.  I am a big believer in not reinventing wheels and in rolling along with wonderful inspiration from others.  So, please leave a comment (and link if you have a relevant one!)

Luke helps baby brother to love movement by clapping his hands together. -->

And, to read what works for others this Wednesday, please see the links at We Are THAT Family.

1 comment:

carine said...

Hi

I gave you an award! Come and check on my blog
http://lilytots.blogspot.com/2010/07/award.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails