Sunday, January 2, 2011

Belated Thanks for Me Ecanta Tu Blog Award

In the midst of being without my own computer due to a hard drive failure in late November and early December, Leann at Montessori Tidbits was kind enough to send me encouragement by passing along the Me Encanta Tu Blog (I Love Your Blog) award to us here at Training Happy Hearts.  Thank you, Leann, not only for thinking of us during our forced blogging hiatus, but also for pointing me toward your blog once more- which I love!

As I understand, to accept the award, I am supposed to answer the following questions:

1. Why did you create the blog?
To share our homeschooling journey, as we wrote about in our first post.

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
Many, when I can make time to do so.  Most commonly, I follow homeschooling, SPD, Montessori, Charlotte Mason, Classical, Reggio, preschool, parenting, organizing and Catholic-Christian blogs.

3. Do you have a favorite brand of makeup?
Nope.  I never got into wearing make-up, besides on stage, and I haven't been on stage in about four years now, I think.

4. And a favorite clothing brand?
None - just comfortable, conservative and, usually, with a dress or skirt line!

5. What makeup products are essential for you?
None.  But drinking a lot of water is vital, I believe,

6. What’s your favorite color?
It's always been red, but lately, yellow (not for wearing, but for looking at) is growing on me.  I love its brightness.

7. What’s your favorite perfume?
None. Perfume scents often give me headaches.  But, we do like the scents of cooking and baking here.  Vanilla, cinnamon... even garlic has its place.

8. What’s the film you liked the most?
The Wizard of Oz has always been a favorite, even if we have yet to share it with the kids,

9. What countries would you like to go to?
Prior to marriage and family, I was lucky enough to work, travel and/or volunteer in over 30 countries.  Since then, I have barely been beyond state lines.  One day, I would like to travel with the kids.  Following the footsteps of my heritage (mainly Irish and Italian) and Mike's (mainly Slovak and German) would be fun.  Hiking hut-to-hut in Switzerland would be a dream come true.  Visiting friends in many different nations would be heart-warming.  Volunteering/doing missionary work as a family in a developing nation is a goal I would love to see come to fruition if it is God's will for our family.
Now, with a quick Google search, I did not see any rules about who or how many folks to pass this award onto, so I am keeping it simple (Simplicity is a goal fo mine for 2011) by passing the award onto a single person -Rebecca at Raccoon School, who shares my interest in SPD, Montessori and Homeschooling, and whose well-organized blog is chock full of helpful photos and ideas.  Rebecca, Me Encanta Tu Blog.

1 comment:

Raccoon School said...

Wow, Martianne! I'm so very touched. You are such an extraordinary woman, homeschooler, blogger, etc etc. So to receive such a compliment from you means a lot to me. Thank you bunches! ♥♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails