Monday, August 20, 2012

2012-2013 School Planning: Core Four in a Bag


As I reflect upon last school year and look ahead to 2012-2013, I have decided that the best way to keep myself on track with our Core Four is to keep a skeleton for it in a single grab-and-go bag.

Why? 

Because history proves that I can delineate a wonderfully rich plan of study, only to have other academic and life needs supersede it.  I can delineate an ideal daily rhythm and framework for learning, which includes large blocks of at-home learning time, only to discover the kids’ appointments blur the lines.  And, I can set up a lovely learning space, only to have it overcome with clutter. 

Yes.  Experience shouts at me:  Simplicity and portability!

Who am I not to listen and act?

I listened. I gathered.  Our Core Four Bag now hangs ready on a hook for whenever we leave the house. It currently contains:
With these, we can enjoy exploring our core four – Faith, Reading, Writing and Math – no matter where our days might take us.  For, while I know that one can teach without any “schooly” materials at hand, I also recognize that having a few key resources at the ready helps me maintain focus and ignite inspiration even on the craziest of days!

What skeleton supplies do you like to carry with you to help keep you focused on your children’s learning?
Note: It would appear that as I have been taking my planning in bits, I have sharing it that way as well.  The other portions of our planning to date can be found by scrolling through School Planning 2012-2013. 


Please note:  Links to Amazon within this post and others are affiliate ones.  Should you choose to click through such a link to make an Amazon purchase, we may receive a small percentage of the sale.  This doe not cost you any extra, but is a choice we thank you for.  Anything we make through our Amazon affiliate relationship goes straight back into training our children up and to much of what we share with you here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails