Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again: Road Safety!

For the second year in a row, when I turned the calendar page to October, I said a little prayer of thanks that my oldest child is still with me.  For, several years ago on Halloween, he came very close to becoming a squished elephant instead of one sitting safely on the couch with his siblings while Mommy breathed deeply, dried her own tears and slowed her racing pulse.


Yes, the memory of how Luke's impulsiveness led to one of the scariest moments of motherhood I have experienced so far replays in my mind each year at this time.  It also sets into motion my personal October mission:  Spreading the word to amp up Road Safety education for children and chanting our Road Safety Song over an over again!

To that end, I am sharing 10 Ways to Celebrate Road Safety over at Signature Moms today.  There, you will find ideas and links for proactive road safety songs, lessons, video games and more.  These can be helpful for all children.  And, for sensory kids like mine, they are extra important.  Halloween is fraught with sensory stimulation.  That stimulation can lead to overload, which, in turn, can lead to...  Well, let's not go there tonight.  This mama wants to go to sleep with a smile on her face.

Please, take the time to review and practice road safety with your precious little ones this month! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails